星期三, 2月 07, 2007

More Inconvenience Truth

daily meditation
tuesday / wk 5 / ord / feb 6

let's not
make God a slumlord


God commanded, "Let the
water be filled with many kinds
of living beings . . . And God
was pleased . . .Then God . . .
created human beings . . .
blessed them, and said . . .
I am putting you in charge of
the fish, the birds, and the wild
animals. Genesis 1:20, 21, 26-28

Marion Stoddard spearheaded
a drive in Groton, Mass. to
to clean up the Nashua River.
It was so polluted people joked
it was "too thick to pour and
too thin to plow."

About the success of the drive,
she said, "You don't have to be
real smart; you just have to
identify the people with power,
the people who care and be
real committed, persistent and
honest."

Stanley Jones launched a
similar drive to clean up the
Kankakee River in Kankakee,
Illinois. "Show people that
somebody cares," said Jones,
"and all apathy disappears."

On a scale of one (not very)
to ten (very) how caring am I
about the kind of planet we will
be passing on to our children?
How might I translate that care
into more telling action?


Let's not make God
a slumlord.
Robert Orben

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used not to.... But I felt that I have to.... All I need is "BIG" Action to.....

沒有留言: