星期一, 2月 05, 2007

Inconvenient Truth

http://www.staygreat.com
_____________________
daily meditation
monday / wk 5 / ord / feb 5

not owners,
but stewards

In the beginning . . .
God created the universe. . . .
The earth produced all kinds
of plants, and God was
pleased with what he saw.
Genesis 1:1, 11-12


Jacques Cousteau used to take
his young son, Jean-Michel,
with him on his undersea
explorations. Jean-Michel said:

"My father imparted to me
the belief that we are not the
owners of the world's
resources. Rather, we are its
stewards, responsible, for
protecting what we have for
those who will follow. . . .

"But as I travel I am struck by
how infrequently we keep
future generations in mind."




How am I trying to exercise
responsible stewardship of
earth's resources?

The earth
belongs as much
to those
who are to come after us . . .
as to us;
and we have no right
by anything we do or neglect,
to involve them
in unnecessary penalties,
or deprive them
of benefits.
John Ruskin, The Lamp of Memory
_____________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We watch Inconvenient Truth on Friday, I was skeptic that Al is exaggerating the truth. I have a belief in my mind that might be true but also might be flawed. God created this world and He would not let us destroy it. He asked us to be stewards for this world and we messed up. Either He would help us saved it or let us destroyed it. We have already done some irreversible damage, what else could we do? Can the earth heal itself if we stop destroying it. In fact we do not know..... No one knows..... All the experts do not know...... The politicians do not know...... Al does not know.......

After reading this mediation, I have a different perspective. I understand the meaning of this movie. I understand why the world is worth saving. It is for those who come after us. To hope that they would have the better quality of the world as we do now. Hope that the world does not deteriorate when the next generation grows up. We need to cooperate with God to make this happen. Al is a messenger from God to alert us of our wicked behavior.

Dear God, thanks for letting me see what is the meaning of something important. Help me, the hard headed person to step back and see other good things that you and some other people did that I did not notice or even think is a waste of time. I want to be open but my mind is so contaminated with my preconceptions. Sorry Lord, please help me overcome my weaknesses. To be your good stewards of this world. I asked this through Christ our Lord, Amen

沒有留言: