星期一, 2月 12, 2007

Jesus' Mark

staygreat: "daily meditation
monday / wk 6 / ord / feb 12

the mark identified
and protected him

The Lord banished Cain for
killing his brother Abel. Cain
lamented, 'I will be homeless
wanderer. Anyone who finds
me will kill me.' So the Lord put
a mark on Cain to warn anyone
who met him not to kill him.'
Genesis 4:14-15

Ancient owners marked their
slaves with tatoos or brands.
The mark identified the slave
as belonging to them. It also
protected the slave.

A person would think twice
before harming the slave of a
powerful owner.

This background helps us to
understand the point of today's
scripture reading. The mark
put on Cain indentifies him as
belonging to the Lord. It is also
served as a kind of merciful
protection on the part of the
Lord.

How is my own personal story
somewhat similar to
the personal story of Cain?


Let no one
make troubles for me
for I bear the marks of Jesus
on my body. Galatians 6:17"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Lord for protecting me so far!
Send me, I am ready to spread your message.
Send me, I am ready to be procecuted.
Protect me from temptations.
Protect me from getting hurt.
Protect me from harm.
I asked this through Christ our Lord, Amen.

沒有留言: